Friday, June 06, 2008

Toys

All this time I have had a couple hours worth of uninterupted play time for Saben at my finger tips. Or ear canals. ha ha ha! Before the kids were born, we used to swear the kids would only have a few toys a piece. No piles of toys everywhere for us, we'd teach our kids to be creative with what they had.
I realize now that there was a mistake in my thinking. Parents do not buy too many toys because they want to spoil their kids. They do it because they will do absolutely anything to keep the kids busy for 15 minutes so they can enjoy the rest of their dinner. Eventually we learn that even a $50 toy is not guaranteed to do that. But a .50 cent pile of Qtips might. The mysteries of toys.

1 comment:

TheFiveDays said...

Oooh, I love the picture of the q-tips stashed in his pocket. THAT is adorable, and creative!!! I am glad they bought you a little time... :)