Thursday, April 10, 2008

In the event that I suddenly come down with rabies

Yesterday, I got bit by a mouse. A wee white one running in the grass that the neighbor convinced me was somebody's pet. Always up for an animal related challenge, I grabbed it and it leaped 3 feet up in the air & out of my hands. Unfazed, I caught it again and just as the realization hit that I had no idea what I was going to do with a pet mouse, it bit my finger. Down went the mouse. Nonchalantly, it wandered through the grass and was last seen nose to nose with a cat who did not know what to do with a wee white mouse that refused to run away.

1 comment:

AMI said...

Arg! I had the same thing happen to me a few years ago! I refer to my finger as Ratfinger since. Little shhhhhh**s nip hard don't they! I was secretly hoping for some secret power to arrive within me after... but no...I can't dislocate all my bones and sqwanch under a door, nor can I take perfect little moonbites out of every biscuit in the jar without leaving so much as a crumb...