Wednesday, July 26, 2006


Saben's newest word is "eck" which means "yuck". He learned this word because when he has a poopy diaper, I say "yuck!" He even scrunches up his nose like me when he says it. However, as Saben ran around our backyard naked this afternoon, I realized that he was looking down at his penis each time he said "ack". He'd lean over, look at it, give it a poke, then look at me with his nose wrinkled up and vehemently declare "eck!" He thinks "eck!" is the word for his penis. So at the ripe age of 16 months, I have already given my son a complex about his private parts. Way to go mom. On the other hand, I can't help but wonder how long I can get him to keep calling it that cause its so funny.

Speaking of nudity and body issues, for those moms who haven't seen it yet, there is this amazing new site called "Shape of a Mother" Don't click on that link unless you're ready to see the bodies of moms, stretch marks, boobies, bellies and all that goes with birthing a child. The creator of the site writes this about it:

"It occurred to me that a post-pregnancy body is one of this society's greatest secrets; all we see of the female body is that which is airbrushed and perfect, and if we look any different, we hide it from the light of day in fear of being seen. ...It is my dream, then, to create this website where women of all ages, shapes, sizes and nationalities can share images of their bodies so it will no longer be secret. So we can finally see what women really look like sans airbrushes and plastic surgery. "

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Saben has a grandma-butt like Audrey :) So cute!

Anonymous said...

love to pull those cheeks wide open and put my tunge up his bumhole