Thursday, July 06, 2006

Puzzles

This week, Saben understands me. It is so crazy. It started with me randomly saying "If you don't quit it NOW, I am going to put you in your crib." And he actually stopped screaming & wriggling for a few seconds while I was changing his diaper. And it worked again a few minutes later. Then I told him it was time for bed and he shook his head and said "uh-uh". Just now he was trying to shut a door & I told him to move the ball out of the way and he actually did just that. It is so crazy. He knows so much more than I thought.

The other interesting thing is puzzles. Saben can not get the stupid dog puzzle piece into the matching dog shaped hole for the life of him. But he can get keys into car ignitions. If you let him outside with a key he heads right for the car & tries to get it into the door lock too, with a little bit less sucess. He can also snap those plastic buckles on high chairs shut. I guess puzzles must stump him because his creative energy is too high. He always tries to put the dog into the cat shaped hole. Or turns the dog upside down & tries to fit it. My son, the rebel.

No comments: