Monday, July 10, 2006

Educatin myself

I think I am going to try and read every book on The Image top 100 books of the century list. I at least ordered the second one on the list, the first one, Auden's poetry, intimidated me & I couldn't find a cheap copy. Maybe I'll skip around. Maybe they'll be too deep & dry for me to enjoy & I'll quit. Maybe it will take me 30 years. We'll see! Let me know if you want to join in on the fun, or if you want to loan me a book on the list, or if you have read any of them & have recommendations. I think I have read three on the list so far. Anne Lamott, John Irving & Tolkien. B, I'll expect you to help me with Wendall Berry & Annie Dillard, those two are right at the beginning of the list. : )

I can't decide if I want to own them all though. It'd be a fun collection to have, but at 10 bucks or so a pop, that's $1000. (nice job on the math kari) Phew.

I'll let you know how my first one, The Diary of a Country Priest, by George Bernanos works out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this list, Kari. Its super interesting! And what a great goal-to try to read all of the books on the list. Keep us posted on your progress-I love book recommendations!

Anonymous said...

That looks like a great list! I haven't read that Wendell Berry book on there, but you will love him (as I love his non-fiction, at least). And I'm right in the middle of Pilgrim at Tinker Creek. It's soooo good. Yay! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I agree. I think it would be fun to read through as well. Lately I've been engrossed in toddler books and I think I need a break...I would love to join you. As you saw tonight we have a few of the books on the list so maybe we can swap as we go...Nancy