Thursday, June 28, 2007

Latest

Well it seems little sister Young isn't so little after all. We had out ultrasound today and the measurements put her at 8lbs - today, with 3 weeks left till my scheduled c-section. That puts her around 8.75 - 9.5 pounds in 3 weeks. So an 85% percentile baby doesn't really get my hopes too high for a VBAC unless I go into labor in the next 5 days.

Plus the doctor is keeping a really close eye on the pre-eclampsia thing, my tests were clear last week, but he ordered more labs today just in case and a non-stress test at the hospital tomorrow to see how she is doing.

I am super appreciative that he's taking it so seriously. At this point, if any symptoms started pointing even slightly towards pre-eclampsia, it sounds like they would do a c-section almost immediately. He actually seemed doubtful today that I would make it to the 18th, so that was interesting. I think its because Saben was a week early.

Anyways, there's the update and now I'm running off to Seattle to take Saben to the aquarium and see some long lost friends.

No comments: