Thursday, December 18, 2008

Snow Bliss

Saben's first snow angel. Last year we went sledding in the mountains a couple times and Saben started to warm up to the snow more. He was still sort of scared of it, especially sledding too fast. But this year he is an animal. He borrowed some snow pants from a buddy and has been rolling around "crashing" in the snow like mad. He is so cute, I can't believe how fun his enthusiasm is.

Saben LOVES throwing snowballs at us.

Annika's first time touching snow. This look is her classic "suprised" face. All these pictures are taken from the first 10 minutes of her coming out in the snow. She did technically see snow last year, but I don't count "first snow" until they can walk in it.



Annika loves the snow almost as much as her brother and way more than he did at this age. He used to be terrified of it.


What is that white stuff on my gloves?

I try to plan my garden to have nice shapes in the winter and it is so fun to see them highlighted in the snow.


Both kids loved the sled


Yesterday was pure bliss. There is nothing I love more than a lazy afternoon watching the snow fall. Except we weren't too lazy - we went out & played in the snow, made sugar cookies to decorate today, had yummy cuban black beans simmering in the oven all day and mommy got some Christmas crafting done while the kids napped.
Add in an evening snow walk/snowball fight with Daddy, Hot tubbing in the snow, Christmas lights/music and more steady snow this morning - I couldn't be happier. The only thing I miss is that our friends who live a couple blocks away drove to Oregon last night. Whenever it snows, we almost always hang out since we're "trapped" near home, but not this time I guess.
Today: Decorate cookies, more christmas music & cocoa, watch "The Grinch" with saben for the first time, wrap presents, more crafting. Bliss.




5 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so jealous! We barly have any snow at our house!

Matthew and Darcy said...

Sounds very nice!! :) I love winter time and the snow.. and all the goodies that come with it( hot coco, cookie decorating, trees/lights, music and playing in the snow! :) ) Hot tubbing sounds like a blast as well!

Vale said...

Kari,
Trust me, I wish we were drinking special egg nog (too gg's?) and playing games with you too. The roads were beyond horrible and we almost saw/became part of a huge wreck last night. 1-5 was virtually empty- probably for the best...there was so much snow out there and past Arlington was a virtual blizzard and white out on the freeway. We're not sure if we're going to be heading down after all since the weather seems to be staying pretty extreme! By the way, I absolutely love the coat, hat and mittens. Aren't you went with the brown "practical" coat afterall? Think how dirty that other coat would be in the snow. I think that her smile is priceless in these photos. See you soon....Christmas Eve?

Vale said...

I meant, aren't you GLAD you went with the brown coat. Sorry, I hate it when I don't proofread my stuff.

TheFiveDays said...

Awww, that sounds wonderful! We'll never get any snow so I'm kind of jealous. Saben and Annika look like they were having a ball. I love the snow on Annika's eyelashes.. :)