Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Grateful


Today, I would like to express gratefulness for my Addiction Sweater.

If you've spent anytime with me lately, you might have thought to yourself "hmmm....kari sure looks....the same?"

Yes. Yes I do.
Every morning, I wake up and think about what to wear. The first bit is easy..pants, shirt, blah blah blah. But I'm still a little cold. Sitting in a heap where I dropped it the night before, I spy my Addiction Sweater.

"I know, I'll just wear it a few minutes till I warm up and then take it off before I go anywhere"

Because, you know...I wore it all day yesterday. And the day before that. And...well I have to admit I've worn it almost every day for the 2 months I've had it. I just can't stop. It beckons me each morning with promises of coziness and it's even fairly cute.


The sweater at the top of this post is not actually my Addiction Sweater. But it is similar, black & super long, long enough to feel like you are wrapped up in a cozy blanket all day. I did buy it at Old Navy and had a similar one (ok, exact same one, just brown) that I borrowed for maternity wear and fell in love with years ago. I loved it so much, I wore it for months after Annika was born. Months. There's not many maternity clothes you have that hard of time saying goodbye to. I think it must appear each fall and I feel so blessed to have spotted it on the rack this year.

It's just dressy enough that I don't look slobby. I tried to break my addiction with an American Apparel hoodie to switch back & forth with, but that one is definitely sporty, a crazy 80's forest green and has to be matched just right so it looks trendy instead of slobby. But my Addiction Sweater looks good with anything. It can even dress up sweatpants to a reasonable level. It's never too hot, never to cold.

The most embarassing thing is that I do this each year. No matter how many sweaters or sweatshirts I own, I always fall in love with one that I really want to wear over and over. You may remember such classics as the "gray sweatshirt with pastel trees". I may have even worn that one for two winters. But its time is now past.

I love my new Addiction Sweater and I am so grateful I found it.




4 comments:

Kelsie said...

You make me want to go out and shop for something cozy! All my cozy stuff looks dumpy and I refuse to "let myself go" this early into motherhood...

Shauna said...

Oh boy....now I want one! I keep wearing the same slopping sweatshirts to work!

I was going to post about your gray tree sweatshirt, but you already got to it so I won't. :) but I just did..

Baby Weeldreyer's Blog said...

Hilarious! I too have a couple of wear every day sweaters. Of course, they don't fit over the belly anymore, but I know they will be there waiting for me after baby comes. :)When you find the good stuff, it's perfectly natural to hang on to it, and wear it everyday. :)

~beautyandjoy~ said...

Oh man. I tried on a sweater at Target yesterday that I knew had that potential and I had to leave it there. Now I am sad. I want an addiction sweater.

PS Please write more grateful posts. Can you do one on personalitiy thesis work?