Thursday, June 11, 2009

So today, Annika & I have all her dolls around our little kids table in the kitchen and are pretending to serve them lunch with her toy food, dishes, etc. After a while I realize its now time for our lunch. I get hummus & pita out for annika and set her at the table with all her dolls & their plastic food. Then I decide to really quickly call a glass company before I eat my lunch.

After about 5 minutes of phone conversation, i return to the kitchen to find hummus mashed all over the dolls faces, clothes, heads....Like someone had tried to murder them with a spoon full of hummus. "Eat the hummus dollys! Eat it! Don't make me shove it in your mouth, in your eyes, rub it on your head.... Come on, why aren't you eating this, its delicious!"

Its also in all of annika's tea cups, smeared like frosting on a plastic donut and is now all over the couch pillows we'd used to prop the dolls up to table height.

Will I ever learn? I just thought it'd be fun for her to have lunch with the dolls.

2 comments:

~beautyandjoy~ said...

That is freaking hysterical.

TheFiveDays said...

It'd be the same way here...lol! I can just imagine how much "fun" you had cleaning all that up. If only you would post the internal dialogue that went along with clean up time!

Sydney is going through a phase where she feels compelled to dump out any liquid she comes across...especially a brother or sister's cup of milk, daddy's coffee, or mommy's soda. She's killing me...and the carpet.