Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Daycamp

Saben has been going to "daycamp" for the last two weeks at the Bellingham Preschool of the Arts. Last week their focus was cooking/fun with food and this week it is "Movin & Groovin" which is music and dance. Each morning I drop him off and then usually Annika falls asleep in the car and I get 1.5-3 hours all to myself. It is awesome. In fact, I only signed him up for one week but got so addicted to my free time that I decided paying for another week was defnitely worth it.

Saben loves the preschool too. I could actually totally see sending him there in the fall if I hadn't already signed him up somewhere else. They've done a great job drawing him out and getting him to try new things. Last week he ate english muffin pizzas, which is nothing too exciting except that he was really reluctant at first, then finally tried one and ended up eating four of them. He has also resisted dancing in the past so I was nervous about whether he would actually be movin and groovin or just sitting like a lump. Apparently he's really getting into it, so maybe there's hope for him yet. The only dancing he's ever really been into is running his feet in place really fast or "push" dancing which is basically exactly like being in a mosh pit. He loves running around pushing kids, and I blame it all on his cousin Nathan who taught him that neat trick at Shauna's wedding. : )

Anyways, hurray for preschool! Real preschool starts in less than a month. yikes!

3 comments:

Andi Mae said...

Yay for Saben! I am so excited to hear more about his preschool adventure this next year- he is going to grow so much. I am so sad that Audrey is missing out on all those amazing B'ham preschools.

Tiffany said...

That preschool sounds like heaven. Can I go? I'm so glad you've been enjoying some free time! Yay!

TheFiveDays said...

Yeah!!! What a nice transition for him to have the day camp before he heads of to "real" preschool. And I am so happy for you that he is enjoying it so much. It makes it a lot easier for YOU to enjoy the time when you know he is happy there.

Now...what to do with ALLLL that free time? Woohoo! You could get drunk on the possibilities!